STRAWBERRIES AND STEAM
SUNDAY 23RD JUNE
Come and meet our very own Mr Strawbs!
As well as strawberries, cakes and cream, attractions include:
- bar with strawberry prosecco and bottled beer
- children's strawberry hunt game
- burger wagon
- live music in the marquee with the South Ribble Concert Band
- frequent heritage steam trains
- traditional fairground and games
The train departs Becconsall for Delph station every 20 minutes, The ride is not long (about 400m) but you can ride as many times as you like on your ticket. The first train is at 11.30, the last at 4.30.
At Delph the engine detaches from the train and runs round to the rear end, ready to pull the train back to Becconsall. You can stay on the train, or alight onto the platform to watch proceedings.
Don't forget to have a look in our shop at Becconsall Station. As well as a wide variety of railway-themed gifts, books and postcards, hot and cold drinks are available.